Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 3, 2007

Ow, owowowowow.

The full video that contains the below illustrated nightmare can be watched at http://slcn.tv/sail-02dec07 at the end of the second race. For reference, mine is the dark-hulled Tako with wood deck and blue sail.
Fault for instigating this mess goes squarely on me for ignoring Rule 10, which of course is the only one that SYC counts in these races. I should have tacked to cross behind Lar, the fastest escape from what was about to unfold. I didn't. Instead I managed to turn to parallel him to his leeward. Somehow I managed to not actually collide, but it didn't really make things much better for whoever it was who had been behind me (whose name I forget at the moment).

MarkTwain White quips that if this had been a more strictly scored regatta, we'd be in a protest room for half an hour. Luckily, it was not, but even still.... ow.

Can someone help me walk through this and tell me what exactly would have happened if it had been more strictly judged?

2 comments:

Lilliekins said...

You have been tagged, my dear! More info on http://lilliekins.blogspot.com/

Liv Leigh said...

Yes, I remember the finish. I had absolutely no idea what the right way was to get out of this, so I decided to just ignore you 2 and push my boat over the line...