Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 30, 2007

Fizzy Cat


The seas exist because they are pretty, and so they can be sailed. In our world, I can think of precious little other reasons for them. Maybe if I were one of the merfolk, I'd think differently, but I am not.

Do merfolk look at the land the way we look at the sea?

I bought one of Mothgirl's Flying Fizzes (Fizzen? Fizzi?) last night and spent a little bit of time careening around the Adriatic with Mark getting the general feel of it; and around Mowry Bay and the Nuba Gulf with Lectra (picture left) today, making runs up into the wider water and back down over and over, occationally capsizing (and delighting at how easy it is to right the Fizz). Of course, Lectra was the one who opted to sit on the gunwale while I, the hapless kitty, got to go into the wet to stand on the centerboard and then pull on the hull. "The best capsize is a dry one," she laughed. Of course she would, she's not the one who will have to blowdry her entire body...